Most of my posts of travels start out with a picture of the hostel, and this one is no different. Unfortunately, neither Charla or myself took one of the outside.
Oh well, in any case, this is the Wombats Hostel in Vienna. It was very nice. Our roommates were two single travelers and I can't remember where they were from:
After dropping our stuff off at the hostel, I realized that the clothes I brought were not really for the weather we encounted. It was sooo sunny and about 80-85 degrees! I bought a couple tanks and was set. Our first stop was the Museum Quartier (a nice area with a bunch of museums, as you've probably already guessed). We didn't go in any of them; I think I'm museum'd out, if that's possible.

This area is called the Heldenplatz (according to labeling on Charla's pictures--I'm not very good at keeping track of what everything is called, but the pics are good...hehe). There were a ton of people laying on the lawn, sunbathing, sleeping, or playing a little American football.

On almost every street corner was a guy that was dressed as this guy is, and he was selling tickets to opera shows for the evening. We were sold on the first greeting and saw an opera/ballet/orchestra concert that evening: 
We decided on a sightseeing bus tour, as they seem to work well for us, and did in Vienna, as well.

Stephansdom and the famous St. Stephan's Cathedral--strange pattern on the outside for a church (to me anyway):
Stadtpark and Mozart:
No comments:
Post a Comment