March 20, 2007

No more leaky pipes!

My parents and sister are officially the luckiest tourists ever when it comes to weather--the entire time they were here, the sun was out and the rain stayed away. It was amazing!!! I don't think I have seen the sun that much the entire 5 months I've been here.


Anyway, the day after they left, the storms rolled in and it snowed and hailed all day. The forecast looks the same for the rest of the week....lovely, huh?


On a slightly different note, I woke up at 4am this morning to the sound of what I thought was the mouse (Mickey is his name given by my mother--he visited my parents and sister the entire time they were staying at my apartment...haha). I snapped my fingers and made a little bit of noise to scare it away....but it kept on, so I got up and turned on the light. Much to my surprise, the damn ceiling tile above my bed was soaked again and dripping onto my mattress and linens. I stood in shock for a moment and then reached up to feel how soaked the tile was...and the entire thing came crashing down and crumbled all over the floor!


I put the trash can by my bed to catch the drips, but it was dripping in other places as well, so all I could do was use pots. It's quite the nightmare for me.


The property manager told me that he would go to my apt and look at it and try to get someone to fix it, but didn't end up going to my apt until I got home at 7:30pm. By then, the plumber had come and stopped the leak, but he had let another ceiling tile crumble to the floor and left everything soaking wet...including the mattress that I had kept fairly dry and moved out of the way. The property manager looked at it and said "Shit!"...haha....I was thinking the same thing.

He managed to get me another mattress and told me he was sorry that he couldn't help me clean it all up. Hmmmm.....


Now, the tiny fan is sitting on the floor trying to dry the carpet while I have sheets and rugs in the washer and dryer. Fun, fun!


I was in a little better spirits this time b/c I had already done this once before...but its still very irritating.


Here are some pics I took:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You poor thing. I am soooo sorry I couldn't be there to help you. You know how good I am with the basement flooding.

Anonymous said...

The top picture looks like an elephant is hanging out of your ceiling. Bless your little heart!