Now...where did I leave off...hmmm...
Training ended on Thursday, November 16th with an exam and a 70's party. The exam was fairly simple and I think that those that studied felt like it was quite a waste. It's a good thing I wasn't one of those guys. haha... I think everyone passed though. At the party that night, they presented a slide-show with pictures from the week--they had a couple of each class and a bunch taken at the parties and events goin on. I saw myself in one taken during Tae-Bo....it was just lovely... : ) (Can you sense the sarcasm?--there's nothing like a picture of someone sweating their butt off and in the middle of a punch or kick where it looks like they're falling over b/c they've tripped on the floor.) The DJ's were extraordinary! They knew each and every song and had little skits and outfits for each one. It was cool.
All in all, training was an amazing experience and I'm glad I got to go. I met a ton of new people and learned a ton, too.
On Friday, November 17th, I picked up my dress for the Marine Ball--it was 100euros for the deposit,...so I was not thrilled about handing that much money over,...but whatever. I also went out to find a shawl or something like that to put over my shoulders b/c I knew it would be fairly chilly--at least on my way to and from the Ball. Success...I found a really soft scarf. Dual purpose--very nice.
The Ball was on Saturday night and a driver picked me up--along with one Marine's parents and brother,...and girlfriends/dates for three of the other Marines. We got there and were given a rose--very nice, as well. : ) (speaking of...I forgot mine on the table...oops!) The boys looked very handsome in their uniforms--as expected--don't all guys in uniform have a certain appeal?--haha...
There was a formal ceremony in the beginning. Then, we took pictures, drank wine (Vino Rouge as Mr. Showalter calls it), and ate a little bit. We also danced a ton once the liquor started setting in...they played some really great songs in the middle and end! Who requested the Shakira is what I want to know...
Here are a few pics....(I have to admit that most of them didn't turn out as well as I would've liked--the lighting was not that great):
Training ended on Thursday, November 16th with an exam and a 70's party. The exam was fairly simple and I think that those that studied felt like it was quite a waste. It's a good thing I wasn't one of those guys. haha... I think everyone passed though. At the party that night, they presented a slide-show with pictures from the week--they had a couple of each class and a bunch taken at the parties and events goin on. I saw myself in one taken during Tae-Bo....it was just lovely... : ) (Can you sense the sarcasm?--there's nothing like a picture of someone sweating their butt off and in the middle of a punch or kick where it looks like they're falling over b/c they've tripped on the floor.) The DJ's were extraordinary! They knew each and every song and had little skits and outfits for each one. It was cool.
All in all, training was an amazing experience and I'm glad I got to go. I met a ton of new people and learned a ton, too.
On Friday, November 17th, I picked up my dress for the Marine Ball--it was 100euros for the deposit,...so I was not thrilled about handing that much money over,...but whatever. I also went out to find a shawl or something like that to put over my shoulders b/c I knew it would be fairly chilly--at least on my way to and from the Ball. Success...I found a really soft scarf. Dual purpose--very nice.
The Ball was on Saturday night and a driver picked me up--along with one Marine's parents and brother,...and girlfriends/dates for three of the other Marines. We got there and were given a rose--very nice, as well. : ) (speaking of...I forgot mine on the table...oops!) The boys looked very handsome in their uniforms--as expected--don't all guys in uniform have a certain appeal?--haha...
There was a formal ceremony in the beginning. Then, we took pictures, drank wine (Vino Rouge as Mr. Showalter calls it), and ate a little bit. We also danced a ton once the liquor started setting in...they played some really great songs in the middle and end! Who requested the Shakira is what I want to know...
Here are a few pics....(I have to admit that most of them didn't turn out as well as I would've liked--the lighting was not that great):
This is my date, Johnny. What a gentleman!
This is Jana--the girlfriend of the guy in the pic below. We had a ton of fun together that night.
The picture of Johnny with the scowl on his face is freakin hilarious to me! One of the Marine's Dad brought some 'moonshine' with him from Tennessee and we all had a little swig. I think my face was just as bad--tasted like what rubbing alcohol smells like. Gives me chills thinking about it.
This last picture is of Tahitis...the bar we went to after the Ball and stayed at until 6am. Don't even ask why. : ) I don't seem to have any of the good pictures I've seen from this night...so I will be exchanging with others that had their cameras out all night like I did.









1 comment:
I'll be lucky if I can ever find a ball date who's as outstanding and beautiful as the Miss Courtney Edwards. What a trooper.
Post a Comment